Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Bigger Picture

Before I get into the rest of this post, I just wanted to say one thing.
I am so, so thankful for my health. I got some really sad news about a family friend today, and while I won't get into it on my blog, I just want to say that I truly appreciate how fortunate my family and I am for being healthy.
The news was a reminder to appreciate my body and not get so caught up in the little things because in the long run, not liking how your stomach looks one day does not matter at all. 

***
Anyway, today I had a bowl or two of Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast along with some fruit salad leftovers.

Lunch was a breakfast burrito with 2 scrambled eggs, cheese, bell peppers, and mushrooms.
 Which was soon followed up by a smoothie (4 frozen strawberries, a banana, greek yogurt, a little bit of milk and oj).
Dinner was a quick "Smart Taste" pasta and watermelon. The veggies are a tad lacking because I realized we ran out of lettuce, but I made up for it with a ton of watermelon pieces.
Ugly pictures get put in a smaller size ;)
Today has been a really laid back day, but I'm really looking forward to going to bed. Tomorrow should be really busy!

1 comment:

  1. sometimes, i always take what i have for granted too. im always complaining about my weight, my size and inability to run another mile when ive already done like 4. reading this made me realize though that being healthy is not a given. some people are born with defects that renders life less enjoyable.

    so thanks for teaching me to be appreciative of what i have :)

    ReplyDelete