Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lunch Date and Body Pump

Remember how I mentioned I joined the gym a week ago? I realized that I am terrible at working out unless I have a running buddy or strict schedule, so I've made it my mission to go to at least a few workout classes a week. The gym just recently added Body Pump to it's schedule, and I finally got up the courage to try it this Monday.

Even though I always mean to, I never really do any strength training. Even if I get around to it, it's never more than 10 minutes which meant an hour long strength training class was really intimidating. Luckily I went with my friend Sarah and used 5 pound weights instead of the barbell for the exercises (I know that's a little sad, but baby steps!). While it wasn't as fun as a class like Turbo Kick Boxing, it went by really quickly and I did enjoy it. I'll probably try to challenge myself a little more next time, and my goal is to go two times a week and work my way up to doing it with a barbell.

One of my other summer goals is to try to cook more (practice makes perfect and I am currently in need of a lottt of practice). So on Tuesday, Sarah and I got together to have a little lunch date! We decided on making chicken curry salad after inspiration from one of my blog posts from last summer.


We healthed it up by using greek yogurt, chicken breasts, curry, sliced grapes, raisins, and lime juice. After deciding to make it an actual salad we added some avocado and dressing.

I'm planning on going to to the Turbokick class tonight and hopefully finishing up the work for my internship early today. I've been seriously terrible at time management and need to spend tonight starting my application for studying abroad.

Once I get more details on that, I'll be sure to write a blog post with all my plans regarding that ;) Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment