Saturday, January 4, 2014

Roxy

Rest in peace to my favorite dog in all the world... the most perfect and adorable chocolate lab. 

For the past 12 years, Roxy has been a best friend to everyone in the family. She played fetch until we we couldn't throw the ball, was the best running partner (but only when she was off the leash), understood the importance of a comfy bed, and was an all around adventurer and diva. 

That's without even mentioning her expert level of begging for food. From reaping the benefits of standing next to my dad at the BBQ to getting sandwiches from Jessica to any part of my dinner, it's going to be weird not feeling a head on my lap while I eat every meal.
I will never forget all the love and cuddles you gave me and how you made us all laugh--the time you realized you didn't want to climb down the mountain in June Lake and made my dad carry you; the time you couldn't figure out how to walk with doggie booties on; the time that you were first learning to swim and kept trying to stay vertical instead of dog paddling.


To the dog that I wished for every time I held my breath under a bridge, every time it was 11:11, and every Christmas and birthday until I was 9, I will miss you so much. You are always loved.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I can't believe how much you have already traveled at 21. Lucky you. I love your photos!

    ReplyDelete