Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week's Workout history (so far)

My goal for the week of April 14 is to work out at least 5 times. Usually I have a problem of only working 3 or 4 times a week because after consistently going to the gym Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I let myself off easy for the rest of the week.
So one of the reasons I started this blog is because I am in the process of getting in better shape, and am trying to live a healthier lifestyle. So while the workouts aren't intense to some people I'm getting there (and something is always better than nothing)!

Hiking to and swimming in Rainbow Falls. How does this relate? I mentioned healthy living, duh haha.
Monday- 27 minutes on the elliptical--a very odd number, but I was watching a show on my laptop and fitting in a nap, workout, and shower in less than two hours. After that I had my 2 unit beginning jazz dance class from 2:00-3:20. The best thing about the class is that it always starts out with a killer ab workout.
Tuesday- 30 minutes on the treadmill. I switched the incline and speed every 5 minutes, otherwise I get bored. Incline 15/Speed 3.5, 15/4, 10/4.5, 15/3.5, 0,5-6.5
Wednesday- 30 minutes on the elliptical
Thursday- So here's where my frustrating/embarrassing workout story comes in. On Thursday, I got on the elliptical for what I thought was at least a good 25 minutes. Right when I started I put my laptop on the elliptical completely over the screen so that I could watch Modern Family while I work out. As I was watching I would keep pressing the button on the handles to increase the resistance because the work out was feeling surprisingly easy. Unfortunately, right when I thought I was done with my workout, I lifted up my laptop and realized I had actually never started. Ends up up I forgot to press the quickstart button and had been plugging away with absolutely no resistance. It was very frustrating to realize that I had not been as productive as I thought, so I just walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes at incline 15/3.5.

Today (Friday) I didn't officially work out, but I had an active day outside cheering on my sorority sisters at a frat beach volleyball philanthropy. I've worked out 4 days in a row and spent the day outside, so there was no guilty feelings about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment