Sunday, July 24, 2011

Friends with Desserts

I've had such a busy weekend so far, and it's not even over. Lucky for me, it's been the best type of busy with friends from college staying over Friday night and babysitting tonight. My friends and I also saw Friends with Benefits--it was really funny and Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis are a super hot couple (but I still prefer No Strings Attached).
"Yeah, we are."

So a quick rundown of my workouts:
Thursday: I used that free trial and took a Cardio Kickboxing class which I loved. Although I have to admit it didn't live up to the kickboxing class I lived and breathed for last summer from 24 hour fitness. It was essentially the same thing, but it didn't have quite the same energy/fun vibe. Maybe that's because I was able to take it with my best friend all last summer, and on Thursday I was one of the two people under 40. I'm definitely not saying anything about their skills, some of those ladies kicked my butt.
Friday: I woke up super sore on Friday, but I really wanted to use my last day of the trial so I got up early in the morning (the class was only at 9, but stillll) to take pilates for the first time. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was definitely interesting. The instructor was really nice but very touchy. When we were going from plank to downward dog and back she came by to help, and there was definitely butt and boob grazing while she was trying to get me in the right position.
While I could tell that this was not out of place in her class, I've only taken cardio classes like kickboxing or cycling before so it was unusual for me. Maybe that's just a key part of the pilates class?
I decided I did like pilates as a calmer workout, but I probably wouldn't chose it often because I like to get sweaty when I exercise as away to validate it.
Saturday: I didn't have time to work out sadly, but I'm still sore so I would have probably taken a break anyway.

Some food highlights from the past few days:

I've restarted my habit of eating already sweetened oatmeal with a spoonful of peanut butter. I don't care if it's not the actual healthy stuff, it's delicious (and still counts!).
Apple Cinnamon with a little peanut butter
Dinner with friends before the movie. A quick frozen pizza (that was actually delicious), Caesar salad, and pineapples.


And a ton of homemade brownies. These were just the leftovers...the entire pan (which didn't make the photo) was filled before we made our attack. Topped with the bajillion mini cinnamon rolls we devoured for breakfast the next morning, my friends and I may not have been quite the healthiest snackers.

Oh, and remember how I was craving watermelon? My mom got me some! I truly tired to take a picture that expressed my excitement of finding them in the fridge, but ended up looking a little crazy in love with watermelon. They were delicious, especially since I had just gotten back from the beach. Summer, beach, and watermelon always go together :)
I like WATERMELON.
Speaking of happy food discoveries. I opened my fridge today and was in heaven. My mom went grocery shopping and came back with all sorts of goodies to stock the fridge.
Picture lots of hummus, strawberries, watermelon, and greek yogurt. Julia is a very happy girl at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment