Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Life Begins at the End of your Comfort Zone"

I found that motivational saying I was looking for yesterday.

I usually roll my eyes at little motivational posters, but I really like this one. I really want to try new things and need to realize that not everything I want is going to be easy and comfortable to do. To keep my little revelation short, it was just a nice reminder of how I need to push myself beyond what I usually do if I want to achieve more in the future.

Anyway, today I met up Ali to go for a run. She suggested we walk so we went for about a 50 minute walk around the neighborhood and talked the whole time. Walking is always funner when you're supposed to be running ;) When I got back to my house, I decided to finish with a few more exercises inspired from this.
100 Jumping Jacks
90 Crunches
80 Squats
70 Leg lifts (35 each leg)
60 Jumping jacks
50 Bicycle crunches
40 Squats
30 leg lifts (15 each leg)
20 Jumping jacks
10 Burpees

It was surprisingly hard. I'm so glad I did it though because it left me feeling accomplished with my workout.

My meals today were leftovers or pretty uninspiring (even more than usual...my dinner consisted of me snacking on a million things and a pb&j), so we'll just skip over that for tonight. 

I got really lucky and am subbing in for work three times this week! Whee! This is not sarcasm actually. I'm technically unemployed for the summer, so when I get called in to work I get really excited:)

Now I'm going to actually go to bed before midnight so I will be well rested. Night!

2 comments:

  1. Feww that's a great and versatile workout! I love stuff like that. It's quite tough but works you all over in a short amount of time
    Yay for being calling three times! I hope it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks like an intense workout! Good for you !!!

    ReplyDelete