1) The weather was incredible--80 degrees and super sunny. Which meant that when I drove around in my car, my windows were done and I was singing way too loud to the radio. Best part is that even at stop signs with my window done I still believe no one can hear me pretending to be Rhianna.
2) I felt super healthy when I made myself salad for lunch. Not so much about some of my some of my snacking.
|Salad with leftover teriyaki chicken, bbqed onion, cheese, and wild rice with Italian dressing|
3) Since I got a bit of a headache today (which usually happens on hot days when I'm not careful about water), I decided to take it easy. I took the dog I'm babysitting/housesitting for a 25 minute walk, and my dog later for a 35 minute walk around the neighborhood which was really nice.
4) I decided that hot weather called for something cold and decided to make popsicles. My backyard has a lemon tree that we rarely take advantage of, so my sister and I decided to make lemonade. I know you guys don't need a recipe for that (lemon, sugar, water with how much you want of each), but the process actually called for a little more work than we had expected.
Ends up we don't have a juicer anymore or really anything of that nature. So my sister and I cut them in half and literally squeezed them ourselves. It doesn't get quite more homemade than that.
If you want to be really cool like me, you'll make your lemonade popsicles using rocket ship popsicle molds.
|You can also pretend that this picture of the popsicles in the freezer is facing the right way. PS my freezer is sad and lonely and empty at the moment.|
|I'm actually a 2 year old in an 18 year old body.|
It was delicious and still a little bit sour which is perfect. (When I was little, I used to grab a lemon from the tree, cut it in half, and eat it with a spoon until my mom told me it was bad for my teeth.) Best part is tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and hot out again, and I have another popsicle waiting for me in the freezer. Score!
5) Watching more Sex and the City episodes. I'm obsessed.
I have a super busy, and hopefully productive day tomorrow that will finally include a run! So it's good night for me unless I want to watch just one more episode of Sex and the City.