Thursday, May 26, 2011

Playing Catch Up

Sorry there was no post last night, I didn't feel well, and just tried to get as much sleep as possible.
So here's a quick recap of what happened yesterday:

I woke up bright and early, grabbed a piece of toast, and hurried to meet my friend Ali at the beach to go for a run. Neither of us were feeling totally in the running mood so we decided to just try to get a good workout and not worry about the distance. We ran along the strand and walked the first .25 miles, ran at a normal pace the next .25, and then did a quicker run (not a sprint though...we were both in high school track together and were forced to run to many 400s to ever do one again) for the next .25. We did this until the 1 mile mark which was where the steep stairs of Avenue C reside.

We did the stairs 5 times, and it was hardddd. My butt is so sore right now from it. I tried counting the number on our last time, and got about 46 stairs... but don't quote me on that.
After completing the seemingly endless stairs, we ran back in the same walk, run, quick run pattern.

When I got back home, I had a banana before taking the dog for a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood. She was a very happy camper.

Jessica had a minimum day at her high school, and at 12 I went to go pick her up so we could go out to lunch together. We went to this small Hawaiian restaurant called T amd T's, and both ordered a half order of fried rice. I can't tell you how good it is... I always order it whenever I go there, and it's literally the most delicious fried rice I have ever eaten. Jessica and I got it to go, and ate it at a park near the beach.
She is such a cute surfer girl!
Still in workout clothes..
Since we were close by and Jessica's Yogurtland addiction rivals mine, we got some frozen yogurt before we headed back home. I got original tart, pineapple tart, and a little bit of strawberry cheescake. As usual, I got an insane amount of toppings: watermelon, kiwi, strawberry, a little bit of white chocolate chips, a few cheesecake bites, some sprinkles, and one wafer cookie.

That afternoon, I went to my friend's house to go swimming and watch movie, where I had a small piece of pizza for dinner, but I didn't feel very well. So I conked out for the night.

Even though I feel better, I'm taking it easy and hanging in bed with a little comfort food, water (check out my tumbler!), and my laptop. Once I'm done with this post it will be blog lurking and Modern Family watching for me!
PB&J wrap
Happy Julia (yesterday): lunch with the sissy, jacuzzin'

No comments:

Post a Comment