Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Real Cookie Monster

I have discovered the easiest, most delicious recipe for peanut butter cookies. I'm sorry, flourless peanut butter cookies.
I was designated to stay home to help my youngest brother James with a school project when he got home at 1:30 (his elementary school gets out early on Mondays). I decided I wanted to bake something for him so he would cooperate on his homework because he's such a great little brother. Even though I was feeling generous, I did not want to make anything complicated or anything that would take a lot of time.

These flourless peanut butter cookies took less than 20 minutes including cooking time and only needed 3 ingredients.

1 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of white sugar
1 egg

Just mix all the ingredients together (I used crunchy peanut butter), and put it in a 350 degree oven to cook for about 10 minutes or until the cookies look crispy. The cookies were still soft when I touched them, but after letting them cool for a few minutes, they looked amazing. PS since there wasn't that many ingredients I wasn't tempted to eat the cookie dough, which is a huge bonus.


These cookies were so so good. I can honestly say they were one of my favorites, and did not taste like they only had 3 ingredients. Make them! The recipe I was using said this only made 6 servings, but I easily made 20 cookies out of the dough. All of the cookies were eaten by the end of the day, especially since my little brother ate a million. No joke, he had 9. 9 COOKIES! 
He is the actual cookie monster.
I had 2 of the cookies fresh from the oven with my brother with a big glass of milk. And then one a few hours later for a snack..oops. Not to worry I had a really healthy dinner of a piece of teriyaki chicken, salad with Italian dressing, and greek yogurt with a little strawberry jam and cut strawberries.
It doesn't look very exciting in pictures, but I'm including them anyway. And you can just look back to the cookies to get hungry again. ;)

Today, I just went on late night walk with my Mom and dog around the neighborhood. Although we weren't walking for a really long time, we live on a huge hill (I mean huge) so we still feel like we get something out of it. And of course the puppy is happy!

I should probably get to bed soon because I'm going for an early morning run tomorrow, and I have enough trouble getting out of bed already. Night!

2 comments:

  1. yes! Those are the BEST peanut butter cookies. SO easy to make.

    ReplyDelete