Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

I had a great lazy day today meeting with family friends, hanging out with my siblings at home--I may or may not have chased Johnny around the house for 20 minutes for a hug just because I knew he didn't want one-- and had the obligatory family BBQ.

Yay for the first official BBQ of the summer! Nothing says summer quite like all these goodies.

My grandma's homemade 7 layer chips.
Oh hey there grandpa
The meal... hamburgers




and WATERMELON. In case it wasn't already obvious enough here and here (or, you know, by my blog name), one of my favorite foods is watermelon. I could eat it all day everyday, and we don't ever get it enough.

For dessert we had make your own banana splits. Even though the chocolate sauce was running a little bit low by the time I got there, I made up for it with extra banana and created the best split ever. Nom.
I was actually happy (health wise) with my portion size... maybe I should go last more often?
I had a good time talking to my grandparents and just having a relaxing holiday (ok so I don't work, but it still felt like a holiday to me).

Happy Julia: talking with my Mom's friend's daughter about USC, law school, and randomness, chasing Johnny around the house and backyard (and feeling like a 5 year old), talking to my dad about organizing a hiking trip, finding out that Scott liked the Hangover 2 just as much as I did

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great holiday! You can never go wrong with 7 layer dip and banana splits. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete